Saturday, September 4, 2010

Introduction to Layered Sounds

Before I begin, please note these instructions are for adept to advanced Yamaha keyboard players. Beginners may find it interesting, though.

First of all, I understand most people do not like XGlite voices. I'm here to tell you if you can't pay $3000+ for a Motif XF, you may want to read this.

Most synthesizers on the market today have voices that are created by combining other sound frequencies to produce the instrument you want to play. These are called instrument "layers". Take the Kurzweil PC3 for example. It uses the exact same principles to produce its high quality voices ( and you can access the individual layers directly from the keyboard if I'm not mistaken ). In the next post I will explain how to apply a similar process to all Yamaha home keyboards. Preforming with your keyboard while using this process requires the Dual function. Relax, I will also explain which keyboards have this feature.        

No comments:

Post a Comment